Sunday, October 24, 2010

pumpkin patch

We went up with some friends to a family friendly pumpkin patch farm that had various farm fall activities. It is about 40 min drive through gorgeous country. I truly have a farm girl deep inside me - or perhaps just below the surface that explodes through when I can't contain it any longer and forces me to buy farm animals. But right now it is just below the surface. I feel energized, excited, peaceful, and I feel all the goodness in the world when I am surrounded by green beauty and living things. I find well kept farms beautiful and have surge of wanting to buy one and run it when I pass them on a sunny day. I have a need to take care of things and for me the more living things I am surrounded by the better..........poor low stress seeking, relaxation searching, chronically over stimulated Ryan. I do try to contain myself best I can. And so you can guess how delightful it was to go to a farm that looked like this. The picture doesn't do it justice.

This place was really great. The boys got to rope a cow,
Play in a huge corn kernal pit,
and go for a tractor train ride. I love this picture. Soren was so exited and happy about the little ride and Xander was multi tasking.
This tractor just dove these kids in a large circle for 3 - 5 minutes and they loved it. I think we do a disservice to our kids taking them to disney land too young. Because once the go to disney land this sort of thing won't be exciting at all. We should capitalize on the simple until they personally decide it ins't very interesting anymore, and then introduce them to the next step. That way life will be more exciting for longer. As an adult who has done some really thrilling things, I can't quite figure out how this can get Soren to jump up and down with excitement, but it did and does and I love it for it.
We also went on a tractor pulled hey ride as a whole family. I told the boys to act like they love each other. My kids are queued up to know when I say that to give the biggest, hardest hugs you can dish out. Way to go Soren. So cooperative.



1 comment:

Natalie Smith said...

My mountain picture didn't do any justice either for that beautiful farm! It was a great experience!