Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It's so beautiful!

Storage. How I love thee. Let me count the ways. 7 shelves of 17 plus feet ways!!

I built a whole wall of shelves in our garage because you just can't have too many shelves is my motto. Of course if took a million hours but I ams as giddy as a woman wanting to organize her life can get. I did have to insulate and sheetrock the wall before I could build the shelves which was annoying but well worth it. I must admit sheetrock is heavy to lift and secure by yourself.


The best part is it cost less then 100$ for everything because 80% of the wood is recycled from building the house. I did have to wash the wood first (another annoying task) as the wood has been outside for the last 6 months, but it saved us a lot and it was the greener option.

I can't wait to tackle the laundry room and make it an efficient heaven of storage and utility. Bring it on yo!


2 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

That IS SO BEAUTIFUL! I am jealous...Good work. Organization is the best.

Kacey said...

Yeah for you! I would love to have a garage as organized as you are going to have :)