Saturday, July 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Xander!!

Xander turned 3 today. Hurray little X. Can I just say I feel a lot better to not have a 2 year old in my house. Sure it may not be an overnight change but major sigh of relief from this Mom. He has been so excited to turn 3 for about 9 months. On his special day he got to pick a special breakfast (pancakes with strawberries, puff pancakes, eggs and sausage were offered) and he chose cereal. Then for his special birthday dinner after many options were laid out he chose macaroni and cheese from a box. Ha! Hilarious. I actually secretly liked it because not only was it the easiest food preparation day but he rarely gets those types of food so that is why they were special. I take that as a compliment!
He loved all the attention he got. He was smiling ear to ear and just giggling with excitement while we sang "happy birthday".


After his nap Xander and Soren played in the little pool. This is so Xander. He was jumping off the top of the slide landing on his bum in about 6 inches of water. He did this about 20 times before the pain wasn't worth it anymore.

Then Grandparents came over for gifts and cake. My mom made some custom outfits for his baby doll "Sip" who is a girl. This doll was purchased at a garage sale for 1$ a couple of years ago and it was ugly then. Now it is something out of toy story from Sid the crazy neighbor boy's lab. It has been colored on and some it's digits have been cut off. For a couple of months I tried to convince Xander that baby Sip was a boy but to no avail. Xander loves real babies and always wants to touch them, hug them and maul them, but not always in that order. He loves to put his own baby in time out and command it to do things. Anyway, I got this idea that Xander might enjoy putting clothes on the baby as he personally changes his clothes about 8 times a day. I also was hoping it would mask the visual horror that it is. My mom is an amazing seamstress and has done stuff like this before and I was happy to hear she was up to the challenge. I told her to not make them too cute so if Xander takes some sizzors to them I won't want to sell him to they gypsies, but my mom can't help but make adorable things. Xander was just beaming ear to ear and wanted to just keep changing the babies clothes over and over again. Success!

His big toy Ryan's parents and we went in on together. He got another power wheels. Our backyard is built for power wheels and it keeps my kids busy for a long time so we are a fan. The boys loved it and fought the whole time on who gets to drive - which is why we got a second power wheels, to avoid fighting. Oh well, I guess that is what brothers do. It was a great birthday for him and we are so happy to have this cute ball of energy that loves to talk constantly and risk his life flinging his body off of tall objects. I hope you live longer then we sometimes think you will because we love you little guy!

2 comments:

lilibet said...

Did you make him Boston Cream Pie??? YUM.

Cailean said...

Quinae!!! Thanks for your comment on my blog. You have a gorgeous family! But of course you would! So great to see your Mom there too. I'm so glad to see that you're loving life. We've lived in Seattle since we got married and are strongly considering suburban life when we can sell our home (1 year? 2 years?). Probably Bellevue Kirkland Redmond etc.