Sunday, July 11, 2010

Just a couple of bikers and one freeloader

There is a short list of things I plan on brain washing my kids to love. I mean if I have to give birth and spend thousands of dollars raising these kids I should get to brainwash them a little. Most high adventure activities are on the list including biking. I figure I have to start them young so when so when I say, "Hey boys, this year for our family vacation we are going to bike to Colorado and go rock climbing." they will then say, "Awesome, when do we leave?" Since Ryan works long hours and has a different list of brainwashing activities, I have had to figure out how to do this on my own. I arranged this get up last year and it was awesome. It served us on many day trips. We love to go with the Karrens, our friends who has kids with equal energy. Their 5 year old bikes the 10 miles all on his own. Next year Soren!! We biked to a Lake Meridian 5 miles away and played in the sand and water for an hour plus and then headed home. It was a blast. My boys loved it and so did I. We get quite a few looks when we take this train out. It is a bit tricky on the hills because I cant stand up so if you are in the neighborhood where we are biking you might hear me chant, "Push it Soren, Push it." Meaning Pedal hard dude! While all the time Xander loves to yell, "Faster Mom!!" What a freeloader!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I've never seen a bike seat like that sits in front before--neat.

Ruth said...

So Quinae, when are we going to run a 1/2 together? :) Shem could babysit your kiddos on long runs. :)

Quinae said...

Hmmmm, sounds tempting. Does he know that?

Natalie Smith said...

I haven't seen a front seat either! That is a perfect rig you have set up :)