Sunday, June 13, 2010

Little Mt. Si

On Labor day weekend we hiked with two other families on Little Mt. Si. It is a the biggest hike I have ever done with the boys and one I would describe as a "real hike". It was 4.2 miles and 4,167 ft in elevation. The only bummers were the weather was drizzling the whole time and we went started hiking at noon - prime nap time for Xander so he was not at his optimum. Regardless of those details I thought the boys did great. Xander only hike probably 1/2 mile, but was a pretty good trouper in the pack. Soren was a super star. He hiked the whole thing and was great. The last mile on the end he was complaining that his legs were shivering and begging for the end to come. You know when your legs are so tired the shake? I think that is what he ment. I would just tell him, "No worries Soren. Just say, legs that is okay that you are shiving. Go ahead and shiver but you can't stop me from hiking!" Soren would then reply in sort of a confused state, "But Mom, they are still shivering." for 4 yrs old I thought he did steller and I can't wait to do more hiking. I thought our crowd was pretty cool. One family had a 5 month old and a 3 yr old and one family had a 5 yr old and a 3 yr old. At last hardie friends. They are so hard to come by it seems and I have many of late. A great blessing.
Jack and Soren were great little hikers.


Us at the top. We couldn't stop long because you needed to keep moving to stay warm
I like to take pictures of my friends so that in 5 yrs when they all move away like they always do I can be like, Oh yeah Jake and Kristi ect. Although I think they find it odd.
Victory! Soren really did walk the whole thing, I just had pitty on him when we reached the bottom.

No comments: