Monday, May 17, 2010

My Day


Pro’s

  • Went running with my sister
  • Mopped my floors this morning
  • Was called a scallawag idiot by Xander (okay so technically this should be a con as Xander was really mad and ment it as the meanest name he could think of. But I love it when he calls me a scallawag. It makes me laugh, but only when I turn my head or am around the corner of coarse. Do you think it is a mean trick to teach your kids that outdated and funny insults are normal. What is going to happen to them at school?
  • Soren prepared and ate his own snack - this also might technically be a con as I was watering our grass seeds (definitely a con) he went inside and without telling me got a pear, the biggest butcher knife we have and cut it up, put it in a bag and grabbed a cheese stick. When he came out and I saw what he had, I asked, “did you cut that pear yourself? (horrified and amazed). Soren said, “Yeah, I did. But I didn’t got blood. “ and then promptly went on his way. I then began day dreaming of the day he gets all his snacks for himself. Sigh, unfortunately the consequences would be too great if that day was today. So we went over the knife rules......again.
  • Eating salad as a snack with my boys. We all love salad.
  • Soren drawing an anatomically correct sidewalk chalk person. It was the first time I ever gave him sidewalk chalk (we have never had a concrete driveway before) and I was in the house cleaning when after 10 minutes he runs in and excitedly beckons me to come see his drawing. And this is what I found. I immediately could tell it was an esophagus, heart, and intestines. I just assumed the blob lower was a stomach. I asked him and he just said it was a stomach. He has only seen the innards drawing in the Barnstein Bear book “no more junk food”. You think he isn’t absorbing anything sometimes and then he comes out with this out of nowhere.
  • Watching dancing with the stars with my boys. The whole time we watch it Soren is telling me how I should buy those dresses. I think it is so funny and cute. Then they request to dance with me.
  • Boys rediscovering our backyard after a 6 month absence. They played well together outside for some time.




Con’s

  • I had to water 11,000 sq feet of grass seed - again. A daunting task that doesn’t seem to ever end. The only time I want it to rain and it doesn’t.
  • Xander peed his pants.......again. Being called a baby, changing his own clothes, threatening no preschool if he isn’t potty trianed by the fall and sticker charts don’t work on him. My new plan = hosing him down with the outside hose every time he poops, and maybe pees. We will see. how desperate I get. Anyway, maybe that will be a encouragement or discouragement enough to procure change. He is perfect everywhere else which his potty training - church, when out and about at stores, grandma’s ect.
  • My floors not looking like they had been mopped in weeks by then end of the day. Sigh, I have forces working against me that are unnatural.
  • The piles of laundry that are washed and not folded.


Overall a pretty good day.

  • Minimal - moderate amount of tantrums.
  • Moderate mess making
  • Minimal possession destruction.
.

See? The heart and esophagus and intestines are really good on the top half. now we just need to go over the lungs,liver, kidneys, bladder and he will have all the major organ down.
I am not sure what is with the 4 arms

6 comments:

Anna said...

What a great day.

Natalie Smith said...

I love the story about the snack prep...scary, but so funny!

lilibet said...

I teach Abby weird sayings all the time. It's so funny for her to say them and mean them, and funnier because she's so dramatic.

It's pretty comical that he drew something so exact in regards to innards and then added two arms.

Kacey said...

I'm impressed with Soren's drawing- Wow!! I loved the recap of the day (especially the snack story). It's amazing how much goes on during the day even though at the end it sometimes feels like we've accomplished nothing. :)

Kacey said...

Not saying that you didn't accomplish anything yesterday...but sometimes we focus more on the things that we didn't do rather than the things we did do (like keep our kids alive and keeping ourselves sane :))

Dawn said...

Wow, he's a genius! That's what we like to call a "good mom" moment.