Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pre-Birthday, Birthday Cake

Tonight my twin brother, Shem, came over for dinner and we celebrate our 31st birthday. I made grass fed beef spare ribs. It was delicious. My sister in law raved about them which makes me love her all the more. She in return made us two incredibly delicious birthday cakes. She is a fabulous baker. With every bite I felt each hour slaving love she poured into it. It is supper special when someone suffers in the kitchen for you. Don't you think? I am crazy lucky that I have such an awesome family and that they choose awesome spouses. 31. Yeah, we look like a couple of middle aged people - all old and sad. Sometimes when I lay down a little funny, I get up all old lady like. Sigh - hello 30's. Dang we look alike. I never thought we looked more alike then any other sibling in my family, but in this picture we look a lot alike. We applied to the Amazing Race together a few months ago. Can you believe that they never called us back? I can't. We would be perfect. I would love to do a wild and crazy race with this guy and be forced to hang out and build more memories. Sigh. Thanks Shem and Ruth and cute baby Asher! We loved seeing you!!

4 comments:

lilibet said...

You really never thought you looked more alike than your other siblings? I knew who he was right away when I saw him for the first time! You do look like the others, too, but the shared coloring really drives it home with you two. Happy Birthday! I need to make you that cookbook, huh?

Natalie Smith said...

You guys are too cute! That cake looks amazing! Happy birthday!

Dawn said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe they didn't pick you for the Amazing Race. Try again next year; we would love to watch you two traipsing around the world!

Ruth said...

That was some serious yummy cake! I loved making them for you and Shem! It was so worth it and the cake tasted even better to me the next day!