Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas 2011

We had a busy Great Christmas this year. First we did a gift exchange with the Thompson's at my house earlier in the week. Then on Christmas Eve we went to Zaron's house and enjoyed a lamb dinner - Christmas dinner New Zealand style - I love it. Reminds me of Dad. The boys loved being with their cousins and palling around. They did lots of dress up and play. We did the Christmas story with a flanel board and sang some Christmas carols. The boys got to open up their new robes on Christmas eve. They both loved them but as I guessed, Xander in particular was huge fan. He loves clothes and accessories of any kinds - more then toys I think.
Then we had Christmas morning at my house with my in-laws. I did a yummy breakfast with puff pastry, and eggs benedict. Erica and Theo couldn't make it but Todd and Kari did and that was nice. My favorite gifts were the wall hangings Howard made for the boys. I am sure I love them much more then the boys. They are just such beautiful works of arts. And of course i love anything home made. We finished off the day at my in-laws for dinner where we saw the whole family. The boys were had gifts all day long. In fact they were opening up gifts all week long. It got to the point that whenever they saw a human they would ask where their gift was. Hmmmmm, seems like a flaw. Something to think about.

Well it was a fun, festive filled day. But know that the true season is to celebrate Jesus Christ and I am so grateful for his love and sacrifice for all of us. Happy Birthday Jesus.









1 comment:

Natalie Smith said...

super cute family picture!