Sunday, September 18, 2011

First day of school

Well, my life changed forever this week. Soren is now in all day Kindergarten and Xander is in preschool 4 days a week for 2.5 hrs. Wow!

Soren has been looking forward to the first day of Kindergarten since the second quarter of preschool last year. So when the day arrived he was psyched. We are walkers despite the mile distance on a busy road. So, the sun was out and Xander was at the dentist with Dad, so I decided to walk with him. It took 20 minutes and that is with me almost dragging him.......I am not so sure about this walking thing. Regardless he was so happy. He said, "Mom, I am just so happy. I am going to be smiling all the way." He wasn't scared or nervous at all. As we were walking I asked him if he was nervous about not knowing anyone and he said, "No, I like meeting new." I just wanted to give him a big hug and kiss right there. I love that trait.

I missed Xander's first day. I have a new job in the ER and am being trained right now so am working more. Xander has also been looking forward to that day all summer long. He loves going to preschool. In fact he rides the the school bus both ways which makes my life so easy. I love school buses. I must admit it is a bit strange to buckle your 4 yr old child on the bus and wave them off. He loves it and it is a bus only for preschoolers.

I don't get a lot out of the boys when I ask what they did, or who they played with ect. I am going to have to volunteer in their classrooms to learn anything about their day I think. I am so proud of the boys for transitioning so well and being so positive. They are great kids.

2 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

I love the pictures. Super fun. Your boys are growing up! I can't imagine how it will be when I have a few hours of freedom ;) It feels so far away...haha

Jennifer said...

I LOVE first day of school pictures! You have an adorable family.