Monday, November 1, 2010

Born that way

Minutes before the boys got in my room jumped all in my nicely folded laundry. I just said, “guys that makes me super sad. Why would you do that.” No one responded or seemed to notice me talking and I just left it at that. A few minutes later Soren starts to cry and I have no idea why.


Q: “Soren, why are you crying?”


Soren: “Because Jesus is mad at me.”


Q a little stunned at such a response: “Why is Jesus mad at you?”


Soren: “Because I jumped in your clothes.” (still crying)


Q: “Oh, buddy. (enter big hug) Hmmmm, well, how could you make it better.”


Xander who I remind you is also a culprit in the crime excitedly spits out with his hand raised, “Ooooh, Ooooh, you could say sorry!!”


Q (trying to hold in the laughter, because seriously, having one child bawling and the other child unfazed and even energized by the same problem is a bit funny): “Yes, you could say sorry and then ask if I will forgive you.” I love it when they ask for forgiveness. It melts my heart.


Soren still crying: “sorry for ruining your clothes. Will you forgive me?”


Q: “Sure. Will you help clean up these toys?" (laundry had already been refolded.)


Xander then pipes in all chipper, “Mom, you need to say sorry to me and ask if I will forgive you!”


Q: “Oh? For what”


Xander: “For making a mess with my toys!”


Q: “Excuse me?”


Xander then bursts into laughter. I laughed too, which was a mistake because for the next day he kept requesting I apologies and ask for forgiveness to him for a variety of crazy things. Nice. If a lesson can backfire, Xander will find a way.


Wow - My kids are really different.



3 comments:

Natalie Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie Smith said...

Clearly we can see who the sensitive one is in the family! haha
Xander has too much personality. What a nut.

PS - The laundy unfolding is one of my biggest annoyances in life too.

Hamblin Family said...

This is too funny! When Marylinn was about 3-4 years old and she would get into trouble she would run to her room and sit on her bed. I would stand by her bedroom door and listen she would say things like "Heavnly Father, I am so so sorry. It is hard to be good but I want to be a good girl. I am so so sorry!" Scotty and I would sit there and giggle and be proud of our little girl saying prayers every time she got caught being naughty. At least we know they are learning something good from us!