Sunday, January 12, 2014

Uncle James

You may not know that the boys have an Uncle James.  That is because he is not uncle by blood.  James Hicks is Ryan's BFF.  James is incredibly handy.  He know a small amount to a large amount about almost everything.  James has helped us with a lot of things from lots of electrical work on our house to souping up power wheels.  Ryan pays off his debt by mowing James lawn for the last 2-3 years.  Ryan drives the lawn tractor a mile on the road down to James house many times a summer.  James has never owned a lawn mower.  Anyway, James is beloved not only by Ryan but by every male in our family.  Soren and Xander jump him whenever he walks into our house.  They know his car and start running if they ever see it in our drive way.  One reason why he is so beloved is because of these wrestling events.  Ah, the joy of boys speaking boy language.




Mindy, a friend of mine with only boys once told me, "I tell my boys, - we only wrestle with Daddy!"  This was such a new concept for me. I didn't know I could do that.  Once I started to implement that, my life changed dramatically. I use to be scared to kneel on the floor, knowing if I got to low, I would be body slammed by one or both of the boys.  Now I just say, "remember, we only wrestle with Daddy" and then I like to add, "Mommy is fragile! We don't want to break Mommy."  I have always wanted to try out being fragile.  My cover gets blown sometimes when they jump me one too many times and I forget what I am suppose to say and in frustration instead throw them off me and half way across the room, which they usually find all too fun.   
.

No comments: