Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Morning conversations

It is 6:15am - the TV is locked off.  Everyone is in my bed.

Q "Soren why are you waking up so early?"  This has been a daily occurrence for weeks.

S "I hear a crunch, and it wakes me up.  It goes crunch, crunch crunch I don't know what that is."

Q "Okay......Xander why do you wake up? "

X "It starts right here"  pointing to his big toe, " and it goes all the way up here," sweeping his hand all the way up to his head, "and then I am like awake.

Curse that big toe!


Later this morning.   Soren has some red yarn that he has tied to a fork.

S "I need something I can climb with this."

X "You can climb the fridge."

Q "Wait what?  Lets talk this through before you do anything.  You want to climb something with the fork?"

S "Yeah" and Soren air climbs and stabs his imaginary object with the fork and uses it for leverage.

Q "So you want to climb something like a tree."

S "Yeah! Come on brother, lets go climb a tree."

Soren slips on his boots with his boxer shorts and a over sized shirt that makes him look naked on the lower half.  Xander runs off in just a pair of shorts and rain boots.

Thinking their apparel will help limit what they can do outside as it is cold, I yell out, "Just bring me back my fork..........still straight."

Later this morning.

X "Mom, do you have any cardboard?"

Q "How big do you need it?"

S "like this"  Spreading his arms as far apart as they can go."

Q "What are you going to build?"

X "A secret hide out."

S "With knives and weapons."

Q "No knives.  I will look for some cardboard."

It is 7:35.  We get a lot done when the TV is off.


3 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

ohhhh...boys! silly, silly!
i love the wake up reasons.

JoLynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JoLynn said...

The stories you share about your boys always make me laugh! They're so cute!