Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Bathroom schizophrenia

I now know why people put books and magazines in the bathroom. These people must be parents of young children.

These days I am finding myself unconsciously putting a little speed into my step when I need to go to the bathroom. If Xander is somewhat near by I need to be stealthy and quick. He has lion like tendencies and can smell when I am trying to shake him. I usually can get in the bathroom and close the door but often have to put my body weight behind the door to get a good lock. Ahhh, peace for a couple of minutes. Soon after this thought comes the pounding begins, the request begin to fly and the hand under the door appears. Apparently my definition of peace has morphed over the years.

If I was serious about my moment of peace I would up my experience by getting bose noise canceling headphones, some good reading material, a heated toilet seat, and a toilet lid that can also message your back. But alas I am subject to only what my imagination can alter my reality into. - I call it - Bathroom Schizophrenia - a mothers modern coping tool.

3 comments:

Lani said...

Your dream bathroom sounds nice. I can occasionally get away with hiding in our bedroom closet, if I leave the light off.

Quinae said...

Ha ha ha - funny

Cailean said...

Oh this is hilarious. And so so so so true.