Tuesday, February 8, 2011

problem solving

This morning Soren woke up before Xander. Xander is the higher maintenance of the two right now so with this little break I decided to read my scriptures and take a shower before doing anything for the boys. By the time I came out of my room (7:30am) both boys were awake but none to be found. I looked around and finally out the window and saw Xander. Xander is in his jammies, (his summer jammies because if he can get away with shorts he will) two coats and a pair of boots and in each had he had a flashlight and a whistle. To this moment I still don't know why he was outside but I am rather pleased that he wore a coat let alone two and boots. He usually wants to be scantily clad outside during the winter. Apparently he thinks we live in Arizona. After getting him inside I went in the kitchen to find this. This is not sound engineering, but apparently effective as I no longer have lollypops in the cupboard above the refrigerator. This was Soren's handiwork. This is my question. Why when I am in the room my boys can't even zip up their own zipper on their pants, but when I am out of the room they can problem solve anything they want?

4 comments:

Dawn said...

It's so nice to know that I am not alone; )

Natalie Smith said...

I can't beleive the things your boys think of Quinea! It scares me a little to think what my life might become...

Cailean said...

Adorably genius and genius-ly adorable!!!!

lilibet said...

Impressive stuff. I especially like the stool/chair combo. Nothing bad is allowed to happen to children when you're praying and reading scriptures, right?