Saturday, December 18, 2010

The real Santa

Soren's school had a little christmas craft night and Santa was there. He completly looked the part and was quite jolly. He tolerated all of Soren's touching and all of Xander's questions. I think he just might be the real thing.

Xander has been asking a lot of follow up questions about Santa Clause. Questions like, How is he going to go down our chimney? Where is our chimney? But there is glass blocking our fire place (it is a gas fireplace). Do the reindeers really fly? How does he get to all the kids in the whole wide world? This is my 3 year old. Soren has asked no such questions. I love Soren's blind belief in everything I say. Xander on the other hand argues about everything. I thought he just likes to be contrary but here is proof that he thinks through some things. The last question blew me away. I thought I would face this much later. Xander asked, "Mom, is Santa real?" Quinae, "Uh, Uh, why do you ask? Where did you hear that?" I don't care to lie to the boy but really I have to field that question now? Xander, "Nowhere. I just want to know." Luckily I was able to side step the question with, "So, what do you want for lunch?" Next year I may not be so lucky.



No comments: