Thursday, February 18, 2010

House update














Wow! I never told anyone I started a blog but look - 2 comments. How in the world did you guys discover this? Now I am going to have to actually do it. I was just trying it out to see if I could pull it off. Hmmmmm. I still may fail. Well, life has been crazy with the house. They are moving crazy fast. They finished the siding and we get 1 month to paint it and so I decide to check the weather and there are sun's gleaming for a whole week. Not really ready to commit to take on such a huge project but knowing this might not happen again for a long while we moved forward. The only bummer is Ryan is working on the day we are actually going to paint it. I washed the house and calked it up and now am prepping the windows and trim. It dawned on me today why people pay other people to paint there house. The house is crazy tall. I never really had ladder skills until today. I spent much time 28 feet up in the air and hoping I have good balance. Here are some pictures of the house in various stages. We did all the excavation, backfilling, footing and spout drains, and storm drains. We need to do all interior and exterior painting, all porches, decks, driveway, walkway, landscaping and I am going to do about 600sq ft of hardwood flooring. I wanted to build the porch this week instead but because of the good weather we have to paint now. I have been itching to build a deck for years now, what is a few more weeks. Sigh. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

lilibet said...

Oh, my goodness, you crack me up. I can count on one hand the number of people (especially women) who say things like, "I was going to build a porch this week, but now I have to paint my house." The number of fingers I'm holding up is one.

Kacey said...

Yeah for starting a blog, Quinae!! I expect to hear and see a house update every day now. Just kidding :)

Mindy Hales said...

Yay! A blog!! If I wasn't so preggo I would volunteer to help. Let me know if you want me to come hang out at the house and watch your kiddos play while you paint.